Hard Drive

Forum to speak Off-Topic

Hard Drive

Postby doggie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:53 am

Well i bought a new harddrive A Western Digital of 320 Gig. FIrst it worked well with the useless programs on it. But i noticed it was in FAT32. I don't liek that and the programs on it, so in unistalled the programs and formatted it into NTFS.
Now when I pluged it into my USB 2 it said error connecting hardware and it showed an yellow mark at COM 8 ?? . But with system, hardware, hardware control it shows the disk and the com8 error.
When i plug it into my laptop it gets recognized and i can write data to it.
Is it from those drivers from the program i formatted that still remain and give the problem?
I searched internet but i can't seem to fix it. It isn't show in my disk management also.

Anyone got any ideas?
doggie
Mr. Love

Postby cyber » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 pm

meh just reformat again and see what happens
cyber

Postby negative » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:02 pm

when in doubt, buy seagate!

I use a usb2.0 to sata/IDE adapter (for 25 USD) so I can plug any standard hard drive into my laptop. You might try looking for something like that, I'm not too keen on euro online retailers other than maybe ebuyer.
negative

Postby doggie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Well the problem is fixed :shock: . Seemed it was the cable afterall. I changed the cable from one with my other hard drives and it recognized it. Then I used that cable on that other hard drive and he recognized it too. Very very weird. Maybe some connection problem with that particalur hard drive.
doggie
Mr. Love

Return to Off-Topic