Alien Swarm, free new VALVe game

Forum to speak Off-Topic

Alien Swarm, free new VALVe game

Postby Don » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am

http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/

Theres a new, free game of VALVe called Alien Swarm, which is pretty much of a surprise as it was announced only three days before it was released, it is completely free and pretty good for that kinda game.
It is from a top down perspective, you fight yourself your way through lots of aliens in a science fiction environment, and it requires quite some teamwork on higher difficulties.

Just played it with three friends together on Mumble (voice communication software like TeamSpeak 3), played till last map on hard difficulty, and only stopped because it was getting late. We had a good time there. :)
Don
Mr. Black

Re: Alien Swarm, free new VALVe game

Postby Don » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Just beat the first and only full campaign on hardest difficulty (insane) with Doggie, Redbass and Tiu, damn that took a lot of hours, great fun, gg. :)

Alien Swarm owned by ad.. Image
Don
Mr. Black

Postby Saberdude » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 am

Don wrote:Just beat the first and only full campaign on hardest difficulty (insane) with Doggie, Redbass and Tiu, damn that took a lot of hours, great fun, gg. :)

Its gay, 4 players max i was there the entire day and couldn't get in. Steam should make games playable with more then 4 players.
Saberdude
Mr. Yellow

Postby Tiu :o » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:49 am

Saberdude wrote:
Don wrote:Just beat the first and only full campaign on hardest difficulty (insane) with Doggie, Redbass and Tiu, damn that took a lot of hours, great fun, gg. :)

Its gay, 4 players max i was there the entire day and couldn't get in. Steam should make games playable with more then 4 players.

why is this level 7 talking to us!!

I iz pretty girl in sig hai
Tiu :o
pewpew

Postby doggie » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 pm

hahaha xD
doggie
Mr. Love

Postby Saberdude » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Tiu :o wrote:
Saberdude wrote:

why is this level 7 talking to us!!

Hmmmz who stayed alive most of the time ;)
Saberdude
Mr. Yellow

Postby Don » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Saberdude wrote:

Meh, it needs to have max player restriction of some kind, why not four? Left 4 Alien Swarm. :P

Saberdude wrote:Hmmmz who stayed alive most of the time ;)

Don't remember, but I guess not you.. :D
Don
Mr. Black

Postby Tiu :o » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 pm

they should make the AI better!!

insane is piss!!!

I iz pretty girl in sig hai
Tiu :o
pewpew

Postby doggie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 pm

"Alien Dwarf", the new WoW add-on
doggie
Mr. Love

Postby Don » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:34 am

Woa, they just released a new update, it not only adds a higher difficulty level called Brutal, but also adds two options that you can toggle, one enabling some kind of AI Director like in Left 4 Dead, which spawns some random aliens in the levels and also random hordes, so the level is not the same every time, and another option to enable 100% friendlyfire, which forces you to take extreme care when shooting near teammates.

If you combine these three it gets insanely hard, we gotta try it somewhen, I gave up with a public team (all experienced players) after a lot of tries, because we didn't even get to the final of the first map. xD

Tiu :o wrote:they should make the AI better!!

insane is piss!!!

heres your solution Mr. :)
Don
Mr. Black

Return to Off-Topic