Browsers

Forum to speak Off-Topic

Best browsers

IE
0
No votes
Google Chrome
0
No votes
Opera
4
50%
Safari
1
13%
Netscape
0
No votes
Seamonkey
0
No votes
Flock
0
No votes
Other..
3
38%
 
Total votes : 8

Browsers

Postby doggie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm searching for a second good browser.
I'm allready trying Opera now.
FF is my standard browser (so it's not on the list)

Whats best browser for you guys based on SECURITY and SPEED
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Browsers

Postby Saberdude » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 pm

doggie wrote:I'm searching for a second good browser.
I'm allready trying Opera now.
FF is my standard browser (so it's not on the list)

Whats best browser for you guys based on SECURITY and SPEED


Why u want 2?
Saberdude
Mr. Yellow
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Postby doggie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Cuz my firefox isn't the fastest one around(with all the addons) and has problems opening some sites.

That's why i want a second browser with awesome speed but still good security.
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby BµLl3t » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:48 pm

fifo!
Image
User avatar
BµLl3t
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:29 am
Location: NRW, Germany

Postby Tiu :o » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:12 pm

Internet Explorer and FireFox are decent, although there are probably some nerdy reasons to use a different browser
Image

I iz pretty girl in sig hai
User avatar
Tiu :o
pewpew
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:15 pm

Postby Don » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Maybe you installed the wrong addons? ;) (btw u use the newest Firefox version I hope?).

Take Opera.


And this is for Internet Explorer: Image
Image
User avatar
Don
Mr. Black
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: NRW, Germany

Postby Tiu :o » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:24 pm

use tiunet explorer for free vry quickly vry secure only type bank account details and ur gud to go credit cards accepted as well
Image

I iz pretty girl in sig hai
User avatar
Tiu :o
pewpew
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:15 pm

Postby Piou » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:04 am

i've ff 3, ie7, ie8, opera, safari and chrome lol

i agree with don for opera and ie. seriously, i don't understand why ppl are still using this shit. :/
User avatar
Piou
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: Paris

Postby doggie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Don wrote:Maybe you installed the wrong addons? ;) (btw u use the newest Firefox version I hope?).

Take Opera.


And this is for Internet Explorer: Image


I use FF 3.06 with
ablockplus, flashblocker, fastvideodownload, oldbar, dictionary dutch, dictionary english, java quick starter, youplayer
and with aquatint theme
Dunno sometimes it takes 10s to start FF up and sometimes the memeory spikes to 150 MB usage. I have only 1 G RAM.

Opera is significaly faster then FF or IE but doesn't support the addons
But i read safari is like 3x faster then Opera. But i'm curious about the security then :roll:
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby D@rth Jedi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:52 pm

I have both Opera and FF (since u told me to get one lol). For me opera is faster than FF. And I like the control of opera more. Speaking about security, as u said FF is betetr, but acctually it doesnt matter for me since I am full of viruses :oops:

Btw what do those addons do? And is FF scanning for viruses trustworthy?
User avatar
D@rth Jedi
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Europe

Postby Tiu :o » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm

doggie wrote:
Don wrote:Maybe you installed the wrong addons? ;) (btw u use the newest Firefox version I hope?).

Take Opera.


And this is for Internet Explorer: Image


I have only 1 G RAM.



Awww poor you. *plays world's smallest violin*
Image

I iz pretty girl in sig hai
User avatar
Tiu :o
pewpew
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:15 pm

Postby doggie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:57 pm

D@rth Jedi wrote:I have both Opera and FF (since u told me to get one lol). For me opera is faster than FF. And I like the control of opera more. Speaking about security, as u said FF is betetr, but acctually it doesnt matter for me since I am full of viruses :oops:

Btw what do those addons do? And is FF scanning for viruses trustworthy?


adblockplus: when used good, blocks ad's on sites or annoying things that show up.You can take some "abonements" on certain list with blocked spam sites. You can also manually block certain unwanted items or images (like tiu's avatar).Powerfull weapon
Flashblocker: blocks flash unless otherwise configured. Only site where i allow flash in full is youtube and some you-site :-)
Fastvideodownload: possibility to download youtube vids or others flash vids with one click
Oldbar: gives the old usefull bar instead of the askbar
dictionary: underlines mistakes in your spelling in posts and emails, like in word
youplayer: play youtube/googlevideo links in browser without going to other sites.

There are 1.000.000 addons on the firefox site. For everybody something, thats why i like firefox.
And firefox doesn't scan viruses, it just can't handle script as good as most browsers wich make you less open for script using cmds.

I'm trying opera now too. Like interface, indeed faster but no so easy usable add ons.
Maybe it's cause it's new and i'm not used to work with it.
But strange thing those widgets :P
Last edited by doggie on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby doggie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Btw : ebaumsworld.com
http://www.flyupload.com/
fiefox with adblockplus gives a nice page.
Opera gives something else :P
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby Don » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:41 pm

doggie wrote:Flashblocker: blocks flash unless otherwise configured. Only site where i allow flash in full is youtube and some you-site :-)

youpor..?Image
Image
User avatar
Don
Mr. Black
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: NRW, Germany

Postby doggie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Don wrote:
doggie wrote:Flashblocker: blocks flash unless otherwise configured. Only site where i allow flash in full is youtube and some you-site :-)

youpor..?Image


hiehiehie Image
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby doggie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Soooo to come back to the topic, i should stay with Opera then for speed surfing?

Cuz i heard that Safari 4.0 and chrome were the fastest around.
But i don't want to install 10 browsers :p
hmm
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby doggie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Stupid is when you search for polls or researches about fastest browser you allways come to personal favorites sites. Like Firefox cuz i use firefox.
Everybody allways the browser they are used too but not at qualities :p
doggie
Mr. Love
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Belgium


Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron