Red Arrows deemed as "too British"?

Forum to speak Off-Topic

Should the red arrows the allowed to appear in the Olympics?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 7

Red Arrows deemed as "too British"?

Postby cyber » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:58 pm

The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed "too British".

Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be "offensive" to other countries taking part in the Games. The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team "too militaristically British". Red Arrows pilots were said to be "outraged", as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being "too British" is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain.

The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.

The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly spectacular.

It is to be hoped that common sense prevails

If you disagree with this decision, sign the petition on the link below and forward this mail on:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows201 ... Arrows2012

Seriously...this is rediculous
cyber

Postby ParaÐøX » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:09 pm

tbh...wen i saw them....i was just like....its a plane...and they ment to do it.....so wat?

not rly that amazing

but still "too british" aint it surposed to be like winning the olimps...like a country suposed to win...

w/e
ParaÐøX

Re: Red Arrows deemed as "too British"?

Postby gr00v3 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:47 pm

cyber wrote:Seriously...this is ridiculous

Yes it is. I'd be pissed if I were British :x

BTW: Australia wins tonight, New Zealand wins tomorrow.
gr00v3

Return to Off-Topic